I love the holidays. The decorations, the music, coming home to see my family. I wouldn’t miss it for the world – not even if I fell down the stairs and crunched my ankle. (Yes, I did do that. Yes, it hurts and the aircast is a pain in the butt, but at least I didn’t hit my head.)
I think I need a more interesting story than “I fell down the stairs.” It just sounds sad and lame. (HA!) How about I fell off my dogsled? Or I took up ski jumping? Or maybe… I’m secretly a worldly super-spy and I was injured while chasing the bad guys? I like that one.
So anyways – the holidays? Fabtastic. But tonight is New Year’s Eve and it’s time to start thinking about some resolutions. Ones I will keep. I swear. Stop laughing.
But rather than big resolutions that are doomed to die, how about 6 little resolutions that will make me feel happy/better about myself? I read somewhere that small resolutions are usually more successful… So, here we go:
- Read more often. And don’t buy more books until I’ve read everything on my Kobo eReader and all of my unread dead-tree books. I’m not setting a minimum number of books per month – just read. No pressure!
- Only knit from my stash. I have WIPs waiting and lots of sock yarn – I really don’t need more. I’d rather save my pennies for my springtime Disney cruise!
- Visit new places whenever the opportunity arises. I am currently living in a gorgeous Territory and I’ve only seen a small piece of it. I want to see more!
- Eat new and different foods. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a very picky eater. Trying new things can be a bit of a leap for me. So eating new foods is huge! In 2010 I had a lovely friend introduce me to some great new food experiences and I want to continue with it.
- Keep skating – after my ankle heals, of course! I love to ice skate. It’s great exercise and really makes me feel wonderful and well, alive. I usually skate as often as I can, and being unable to the last two weeks has been kind of brutal. As soon as I safely can, I want to skate again!
- Write in my private journal everyday. Even if it’s just one sentence. This is a wonderful time in my life and it’s full of change. I want to remember it!
There you go – 6 little resolutions. Totally doable, and totally guaranteed to make me happy. So… It’s your turn!
Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and all the best to you and yours!